Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Operation Christmas Child

If you have never heard of Operation Christmas Child it is a program that has been around for years (I looked but couldn't find the exact number) that is through Samaritan's Purse.  What happens is people like you and I fill shoe boxes with different items for children and then volunteers take those shoe boxes to different countries where children other wise would not get gifts and give them the boxes.  What makes this so special is that those volunteers minister to the children that may not have ever heard of God or Jesus. 

I can remember doing this as a child and plan to do it every year with Tempe.  It is very important to Josh and I to teach her to give back.  Even at this young of an age we involve her in the work we do.  When she gets older she will be allowed to choose which she wants to be involved in but will have to be involved in something.  I hope to encourage her to not only do work for other countries but also work here in her own town as well.  We are just so blessed to have what we have and God has given us every bit of it that we feel it is important to give back.  I have done volunteer work ever since I was in middle school.  Most of which I do not tell about but this is so easy and great to do that I wanted to share it with you.

If you would like more information on Operation Christmas Child click here or comment and ask!

Matthew 6:3-4 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:  That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.






0 comments:

Post a Comment