Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Leader

I have never thought of myself as a leader. I have always been a follower.  Done what everyone around be does.  This week I received an email from a lady in my MOPS group.  One of the mom's in the group had taken a full time job and would not be able to fulfill her duties as a small group leader within our large group.  She was asking if anyone would like to take the responsibilities on.  After talking with a friend and praying about it I emailed her and let her know that if she did not find someone else I would take it over.  I guess that is where God wants me because no one else replied!  LOL!  It is a job that I will enjoy doing and hopefully be good at.  It will take some time for me to get used to everything but I am looking forward to it. I will not be at our next meeting so today I made little gift bags for each of the ladies in my small group as a "welcome to our group".  It is just a little something but I think they turned out nice.  They are called Scripture Kits and here is a list of everything in them.

Scripture Kit

Toothpick: To remember to pick out the good in others. Matt. 7:1

Rubberband: To remember to be flexible. God has it under control. Romans 8:28

Band Aid: To remember to mend hurt feelings. Yours or someone else’s. Col. 3:12-14

Pencil and pad of paper: To remember to list your blessings daily .Eph 1:3

Butterfinger: Cause we all slip sometimes, and it's okay. Gen. 50:15-21

Gum: So you can stick to it. With God you can accomplish anything. Phil. 4:13

Button: To remember to button your lip when needed. 1 Peter 3:10

Lifesaver: To remember that the Lord is there to help. Psalm 46:1

Mint: To remind you that you are worth one. John 3:16-17

Snickers and Tissue: To remind us to be a light in someone else’s day. Matt. 5:14-16

Puzzle Piece: To remember that without God we are not complete. Prov. 14:20

Tea Bag: To remember to relax and go over that list of blessings. 1 Thess. 5:18


This is a picture of the contents of the bag!
 Of course this isn't the finished bag but a good idea. I am also going to add a business card with all of my info on it.  I hope they like them and pray that I do a good job at it. I really am super duper excited about it!  I already have ideas for play dates and things in my head!


On another note, I went to a gold party to night. Tori of Keepin up with the Jordans hosted it.  I wasn't going to go because I didn't have any gold that I really wanted to sell.  I don't have much but what I do have I would like to save for Tempe because of sentimental reasons.  But when my cousin called and said she made $500 I went and looked again!  I found two rings, a pair of earrings, and bracelet that I didn't mind selling if the price was right.  I went and when the lady told me she could give me over $250 for it I said take it!!! It was all things I had not worn in years and had no memory for me.  I was so excited!  Now I have some spending money.  Haha!!


2 comments:

Shelli said...

That is the cutest idea! I think you will do grelat!

Wendy said...

I think you will do a great job and just love the little kit! That's too cute!

Post a Comment